We recommend you print this out and keep a copy.
The following terms and conditions of hire are considered to have been read and accepted when making a booking:
- Bookings are made for whole week hires, on a Saturday to Saturday basis.
- All our properties sleep four people. Should your party be larger, we will try to accommodate you if possible at an additional charge.
- No pets allowed.
- No smoking allowed in any of the properties.
- The hirer shall be responsible for any damages or breakages to the property, furnishings etc. All damages must be reported and paid for prior to departure. In the event of any breakages occurring, please let us know as soon as possible in order that they may be replaced in time for the next let.
- Shetland Holiday Lets properties are cleaned thoroughly between each holiday let. However, as only a limited period of time is available to clean properties, it is a condition of your let that you leave the property and its contents as you find it.
To allow us to make sure the property is in perfect condition prior to your visit, we request that you check in at 3pm on the day your let commences. If you are unable to arrive at this time please let us know in advance.
On the day of departure, please vacate the accommodation by 10.00am.
A £100 non refundable deposit is required to secure your booking. Cheques should be made payable to Shetland Holiday Lets. Confirmation of the booking will be sent once your payment has cleared. The balance is due on arrival.
Please note that once a booking has been confirmed, you are liable for the full cost of the hire.
However, we will try to re-let the property and if successful, we will make a refund. Therefore, it is essential that cancellations are notified to us immediately by phone followed by an immediate written or emailed confirmation. For this reason we highly recommend that you take out travel insurance.
Shetland Holiday Lets accept no responsibility for loss, injury or damage to any member of the Hirer’s party or their property, arising in any manner out of the let of the premises.
Whilst we really want you to feel at home and enjoy your stay, we respectfully request that no unreasonable amount of noise or disturbance is caused by the hirer or any member of the hiring party.
If any equipment breaks down during your occupancy, please notify us immediately. We reserve the right of entry to the properties at all reasonable times for the purposes of repair.
The hired property shall be used solely for holiday purposes unless otherwise agreed in writing by the proprietors.
The hirer must undertake to vacate the property at the termination of the let.
The number of people occupying the property must not exceed four unless agreed in advance.
The hirer must note by completing a booking they enter into a legal agreement and are bound to abide by the conditions of hire and any other reasonable instructions given by the proprietor or his agent.